Monday, July 2, 2012

"Zayn is Vain ... See what i did there?" -- Louis

Its rhymes...It's gotta be true.  We all love our DJ Malik and can't help but love this fact about him<3  So let me introduce you to this Zayn inspired DIY Mirror Necklace.  It's super duper cute and I can already see myself wearing it with every outfit, from casual to black tie formal.(:

Supplies:

- Thick cardboard
- Pencil
- Scissors
- Gray acrilic paint
- Fine glitter
- Ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Wire
- Any small rock/weighted object
- Chain from an old necklace

                                          one

In my mind, I knew exactly how I wanted this to look.  I started with drawing the shape of the mirror I wanted onto the cardboard, just using my pencil.  I went with oval, but any shape would work! Circle, square, even add a little handle if you want!

two

Once you have the shape drawn, cut it out.  Depending on the thickness of the cardboard, you may want to sand the edges to make them smooth.

 

three

Time to paint!  Choose a nice light gray and cover the top and sides.  Before the paint dries sprinkle on the glitter.

four

As you let your mirror dry, use the ribbon to tie the cute little bow.  Set aside.

five

When everything is dry, it's time to heat up you glue gun.  Glue on the bow to the top.  Flip the necklace over and glue on your small rock.  This adds weight to it, because the cardboard is so light.  The last thing is to glue on a little wire ring made of your wire.


 

&& Last, but certainly not least

String you new favorite necklace on to a chain from an old, dull one && VOILA!


You're All Done!

Now it's time to proudly sport your mirror necklace anywhere you go.(:






AFTEEER NOOOTE<3

&& guys, don't forget to subscribe via email! {to yourrrrrrrr right. ---> } && come back and comment what you think.  We'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment